My study programme

Actually, I study Chemistry, a career that lasts 11 semesters (at least), the mesh is divided into 3 parts where the first 2 years correspond to the basic cycle, where we study together with all the careers of this faculty the main and basic subjects of chemistry , for example General Chemistry, Analytical, Organic, and we also learn to develop in laboratories individually and as a team. Then, in the fifth semester the undergraduate cycle begins, with more specialized subjects in the career and not so general, we even have electives to choose ourselves. And finally, the professional cycle where the title memory is created, and  the only professional practice of the career.

And as I said before, we have important laboratories during almost 6 years of studies, so the faculty must have suitable facilities, and in my opinion, it should be modernized whenever it is required. In fact, after an accident, security measures had to be taken that they did not consider before.

I think that technology is advancing by leaps and bounds, I look back, I go back 15 years and I do not remember having heard much about robots replacing housework, professionals, etc. However, today watching television, appeared a news story of Nepal, where they have replaced the restaurant garzones by robots who place the order and deliver the food.


And seeing the technological advance so close, it is impossible not to consider the possibility that in the not so distant future there are robots doing the professional work for which we are specializing today. Perhaps in 10 more years, the laboratory assistants will be trained robots to guarantee a safe work.

We must adapt to modernity in every sense, in the infrastructure of our University, in the study program, etc. Recently our curricular network was updated, but not by new things that have been discovered, but rather to avoid falling behind more than what corresponds to obtain our professional title.

For this reason, I believe that we must make an in-depth analysis of what subjects we must include in our study process, since we are preparing ourselves to fulfill a task in the future that can be replaced by technological advances and we are not prepared to adapt and coexist with it.

Comments

  1. It would be a good idea to have more field trips in the early years

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched that report the other day, it was really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with the report of waiters. I don't know if I'm feeling excited with all the technology advances or I'm afraid with this, because it's a risk for me as a professional :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

♡ My Loves ♡

Nanoparticles

My Holidays💕